Wednesday, January 14, 2009

As Far As Nick Goes

Sheila emailed mom an update on Nick. She was able to fly to California to see him. Here is what she said:


"It was wonderful seeing him and hugging him! I only had 5 1/2 hours with him, but I wouldn't trade a second of it for anything in the world. He looks great and is in pretty good spirits. He has a new best friend and they have the same job and will go to the same base, so I'm happy that he has somebody looking out for him over there. I got the chance to meet her while I was there (yes...HER..but they are only friends). He will first go to Kuwait for 2 weeks to get acclimated to the weather there before going to Iraq. I will let everyone know when he deploys."
"I'm not sure how often he will be able to get to a computer to check email once he is in Iraq. His email address is nasanick24@yahoo.com. But let everybody know that if they do send him an email, it might be a long time before they hear back from him. He's not very good at replying to emails as it is."

0 comments: